Most people normally associate hair loss with men. However, this condition is just as likely to affect women, too, at some point in their lives.
We rarely hear about or notice these instances since female hair loss is usually less severe and not concentrated in a couple of spots like male hair loss.
Although it’s easier for women to hide hair loss, that doesn’t mean they have to suffer from it forever.
Let’s look at why women have hair loss troubles in the first place and which female hair loss treatment can help reverse the damage.
Hair Loss Causes
- Hormones: Sometimes women may develop androgenetic alopecia due to the low levels of testosterone found within the female body. When these levels convert into hair-unfriendly DHT, women experience pattern baldness just like men. Hormonal imbalances like an overactive or under active thyroid gland can also cause hair loss. This is the body’s way of warning there is a problem that requires treatment.
- Stress: Chaotic, on-the-go lifestyles also contribute to hair loss. Yet there is also an indirect correlation here: since stress can lead to infection and poor hygiene, they in turn signal diseases and other conditions you were previously unaware of, which are now manifesting themselves through hair loss.
- Pregnancy: Along those lines, traumatic events like childbirth cause stress in a woman’s normal hair growth cycles. During pregnancy, hair that normally falls out is retained due to hormones. When her hormone levels revert back to pre-pregnancy hormone levels, the retained hair comes out, usually months after delivery.
- Alopecia Areata: Not much is known about this condition, but experts suspect it has to do with deficiencies in the immune system resulting in patchy areas of hair loss that can become widespread.
- Improper Hair Care: Unlike the causes discussed above, here, women are more accountable for hair loss since styling can result in scars that keep hair from growing back. Curlers, tight hairstyles, hot oil treatment, and chemicals used in perms, bleach and dyes all damage hair follicles.
Female Hair Loss Treatment
There are countless female hair loss treatments on the market, but Provillus for Women is an FDA-approved topical solution to help women re-grow hair.
By applying the solution to the affected areas and taking one capsule, each twice a day, it gets to the root of the problem, stimulating hair growth from the inside out.
Unlike other female hair loss treatments, Provillus contains the minerals, herbs and vitamins that will nourish hair follicles and promote hair growth and vitality, giving you strong and healthy hair.
As with any product, there are mild side effects, but Provillus is so confident it will restore beautiful hair, it offers customers a money-back guarantee. For more information, please visit http://www.provillus.com/women/.
NOTE: laser hair loss treatments generally also work for women’s hair loss.
Hair loss in women may not be as common as male hair loss, but that doesn’t mean it’s any less serious. In fact, it can be more devastating when considering the impossibly high beauty standards society holds for females. Women need not despair though – female hair loss treatments like Provillus are clinically proven to re-grow hair, but more importantly, restore self-esteem.